Re: unnecessary startup programs

  • From: Jean Menzies <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:16:53 -0600

Hi David

Thanks for that timely advice.  I also did a quick Internet search, and
it seems that MSconfig isn't the preferred route under XP as it was say
with Windows 98 for disabling startup programs.  So, I beat you to the
punch and re-enabled the program.

And doing anything with Administrative Tools and disabling services is
way, way beyond me.  I think I'd end up messing the system up and making
it unstable.  That would be my luck.

The whole thing about text going missing is an annoyance, and I won't
take experimental drastic steps to fix it because the cure might be
worse than the problem.  Smile.

So far, FS hasn't nailed this one down.  They also mentioned cursor
blink rate, but I've set that to what they recommend.  They said put it
at 63 or higher.

Jean