Re: UpdatedAdAwareScriptsReadyForDownload

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:39:38 -0700

hello Dean,

First off, let me thank you again for all the work on the AdAware scripts
which you chronicle below.  I'm sure this was an enjoyable challenge of
craft for you, and not simply painful, but that doesn't make your choice to
do the project any less of a gift to all us Jaws people who stick with
AdAware despite having to grope around its interface and be aware that its
full range of functionality hasn't been accessible to most of us.  Much
gratitude.

that said, I'd like to add, speaking only for myself of course, that I
really did know that the program, like an antivirus program, consists of the
components and interface that reside on our computers plus the updated
definitions which we download and install periodically to keep the program
current and effective.  I'm saying this again, as I think I did yesterday,
not out of ingratitude for your explaining the distinction, but because I'm
sorry if the way I asked something misled you into thinking I wasn't aware
of that, and made you go to the trouble of defining how such a program
works.  I think I was just perplexed and accidentally misled by something
you posted that you must've written in a hurry yesterday or the day before,
to which I asked for clarification.  If one of us were to retrieve that
posting and look at it again, I'm sure you'd look at it and just say "Oh,
right.  I see why you asked about that.  I was in a hurry.  I didn't mean
anything unusual by it.  Never mind."  Or something like that.

Anyway, that's all it was.  I really misunderstood that one message, and
thought you were explaining some brand new paradigm of spyware programs or
something.  Anyway, as I said the first time you replied to my question,
thanks.  Now I see that I just misunderstood the post, and nothing about my
understanding of AdAware was invalidated or revised by it.  No problem, in
other words.

If I seem to be making too much of this attempt to be diplomatic and
explicit, it's because there's a subscriber to this list and others I'm on
who has taken to flaming me in private email for being rude to my listmates,
including, most recently, you.  Which certainly hasn't ever been my
intention at all.  I know this one guy has a lot of animosity toward me, and
there's nothing I can do about this.  But I do want to take care that I'm
not actually insulting or alienating anyone, as that's not my way of living,
at all.  I am not a sarcastic person, neither in three-D social encounters
nor in email.

Thank you again for all your work.  I'm soon going to look over your new set
of AdAware instructions, and expect to be using this new version more fully
and confidently than I was able to use the previous two versions.

Best regards,
Daniel
i----- Original Message -----