Re: UpdatedAdAwareScriptsReadyForDownload

  • From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 21:23:34 -0700

The definitions are updated every couple of weeks or so. You must connect to
the
internet so the new definitions can be downloaded to your computer.
The updated definitions detect the latest spy ware--hopefully. In 2 weeks or
so,
spy hackers make many changes to their spy ware and the updated definitions try
to catch these.
A version update contains more major changes in the program itself and
technically, though I have some ideas am not competent enough to describe these
program changes. I suppose you could think of updates as similar to making
script changes in Jaws while version updates are equivalent to a new release of
the program.