Narrator

  • From: Anna K Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 20:33:11 -0500

For many months, the only time Narrator will speak on my computer--Windows
XP home, JFW4.51 through JFW5.10--is after the Windows XP shut down
music.  If for some reason the shut down gets befuddled, Narrator will talk
me through it smooth as silk.  I have tried starting windows with JFW
turned off, then bringing up Narrator without loading JFW; no joy.  I have
OpenBook on my system, had and removed Kurzweil--and Adobe 6.01, all of
which include voices in addition to JFW.  Could one of these have set some
kind of flag that needs to be unset?  Obviously, Narrator isn't broken,
because it is so wonderfully conversant after shut down begins.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ann