Re: Jaws 8 and vista

  • From: Vaughan Dodd <vdodd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:33:35 +1200

Hi  Louise.

It might be a case of not enough ram.

Microsoft have under-estimated the ram required for Vista; they say 512mb when in fact, 1ggb is better. When you chuck in a screen reader or other assistive software, that memory requirement increases.

If you can, put as much ram into your laptop as possible and see if things get better.

Vaughan.

Hi,

I have just brought a new laptop which has vista premium on it and I have upgraded jaws and installed the latest version. I was wondering if anyone else had been finding that jaws was slow at times especially when typing characters into word, email or programmes like live messenger. Currently there seems to be about a 2 second delay between typing a character and hearing it spoken. I haven't seen any messages about this in the archives so don't know if it is not a common problem and if it is, does anybody have any ideas of settings I could change?

Cheers,

Louise.

Email vdodd@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone +64 9 278 4909