JAWS running on computers with Dual Core Processors

  • From: "Peter Holdstock" <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 11:44:40 -0000

Has anybody tried running JAWS 8 with RealSpeak voices running, on a computer
with a Duel Core processor. For those who don't understand what they are, they
are just the new type of processor, which have two processors in one, meaning
your computer wont slow down when doing background tasks such as virus checking.

I fured this might make a big improvements to us JAWS users as we are always
running JAWS which is quite intensive, on top of the application we are actualy
trying to access.

Would it mean JAWS would almost have a processor all to itself while you are
running other stuff you are accessing.

Peter