RE: JAWS running on computers with Dual Core Processors

  • From: "Lisle, Ted \(CHFS DMS\)" <Ted.Lisle@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:44:08 -0500

Hank, as I recall, it runs at 3.2, with about 2GB.  The times the
configuration really pays off involve certain multitasking situations.
For instance, we've all seen how antivirus programs (Norton comes to
mind) can really slow down other activities.  I recall one of our
network guys used to try to schedule virus checks during lunch breaks.
I've seen Norton and AVG run on this thing without blinking.  Of course,
this helps speech, along with everything else.

You will also notice a difference in installation routines.  Processes
which used to take minutes now take seconds.

However, in closing, I must add that I came from a 400MHz platform with
(I think) 128MB--a red hot platform in the summer of 1998, so anything I
upgraded to would have looked like a speed demon by comparison.

Ted