RE: Buying a New System--Any Suggestions?

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 19:48:14 -0700

I have been running jaws on HP computers since 1998, never have any any
problems, and I have a couple of problems with the sound quality on the
Dell I am currently using at work.

My most recent purchase is a fast HP, no problems with Jaws at all on
it, in fact the only problem I had initially was getting my HP scanner
running, unplugging all USB devices and plugging them all in again fixed
that problem.

Since this computer did not come with a floppy drive I have a USB drive
and even installed Jaws 5.x on it with the older floppy-disk based
authorization, not because I wanted to run it, just to see if I could do
it.

I have absolutely no problems with JFW on HP computers, and have
installed it on my personal computer and my husband's 17-inch laptop
from HP with no problems at all.  I just cannot get used to typing on
the laptop totally flat keyboard, but Jaws works fine on it.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx