RE: Buying a New System--Any Suggestions?

  • From: "Cy" <cselfridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:19:20 -0500

Jim,
This is also my system.
The last computer I had built was about 6 or so years ago and we had all
manner of trouble with, of all things, the scanner. I can't recall the
make but it reuired a small subroutine to turn off the light and JAWS
would not allow it to communicate. We went back to good old Hewlett
Packard and it worked fine.
I now have a home built job with an Athlon processor. Works really well.
Cy, the Ancient okie...