[jaws-uk] Re: what anti virus checker?

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 21:42:23 +0100

Hi Jane,

The company is Computer Associates.  The program being spoken of is:
MyEtrust EZ antivirus Personal Edition, to give it its full definition.
$29.95 as new, excl. VAT.  Version 7 of it is quite inaccessible to any
screen reader, thus my previous message as written below etc.  The Web
site is a fairly complicated affair, an URL that isn't easy to remember,
and is also somewhat of a pain to navigate.  ETrust EZ Armor also has a
firewall, plus a number of other suites aimed at different types of
user - personal, enterprise, professional, etc. The antivirus program
works well.  But until they actually do bring out version 7
(accessible), or whatever version (accessible), and/or the situation
therewith is improved over what it is now, one cannot recommend it to a
blind screen reader user who doesn't already have the program.