[jaws-uk] Re: Windows 7

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 22:51:43 +0100

While many will find IE 8 OK, I'm afraid it still has major problems.

On Saturday, I was attempting to complate my Self Assessment Income
Tax Return.  Aside from having to hold on the telephone for over 30
minutes to HMRC's support line, it turns out that if you want to
download a copy of your return, you need to fiddle with settings in
IE8.  They know of the problem.

I have also encountered odd problems with some well known web sites
which need some degree of tweaking to their HTML code to work properly
in IE 8.

I also came across a failry recent list of around 2,500 web sites
which had probems with IE 8.  Doubtless mosr are fixed by now, but
it's not a good advert.

While I have it on my system, I'll be waiting until there is at least
one update before I put it on the rest of the network.

Sorry Microsoft, but you guys have dropped the ball with this one.

George.