[jaws-uk] Re: JAWS 13

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 06:40:07 -0400

jaws 12 should still work with ie 6.0.  It is more that more and more
webpages will not and the newer versions of ie are considered more
secure than ie 6.

If you want to keep ie 6 around, you might want to think about also
installing firefox as an alternative. Recent versions of firefox will
not work adequately with jaws 7.x, though.

You may want to check whehter nvda is sufficient for what you need to
do on the computer - and also if those websites that seem to freeze
your computer when running ie6 and jaws 7.0 will also lock up your
computer when using nvda and firefox.

a current version of jaws should still work with office 2k3. jaws is
used in the work place a lot and it is amazing how many
businesses  stil use legacy software. a friend of mine was only
recently upgraded at her workplace - to windows 2000  and office 20000. ;-p

Cheers,

Doris