[iyonix-support] Re: To Flash or Not to Flash

  • From: Barry J <barryjerome@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 12:17:32 GMT

In message <50e2b8319bchris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          cj <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article
> <49395.86.136.95.42.1265019778.squirrel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Learning Partners <lp.books@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In particular I am concerned about reported problems with JPEGs,
>> Ovation Pro and Private Eye, the first two of which impact on
>> business critical functions.

> I am not sure what the problems with jpegs are. I have seen none so
> far. The PrivateEye problem is due to running a test version (2.95)
> which is really for the Beagle board. The stable release 2.85 is fine.

> As far as Ovation Pro goes, what are these problems? I have used it
> several times in the last few days without problem, although I
> haven't stressed it hard.

When 5.16 was first available, the many "I have flashed to 5.16
without problem" posts prompted me to flash my ROM from 5.13 to 5.16
without bothering with softload first. I have not regretted it as I
have had no problems at all.

I have been scanning and manipulating jpegs quite extensively since
then via a combination of !DPlngscan and !Variations, and using
!Swiftjpeg for quick viewing and have experience no errors. I have
also been using OvationPro with images without any problems.

Had not installed Clockfix, instead relied on Freetime which was
already in my boot sequence, but took !Organiser temporarily out of my
Boot sequence, starting it manually once Freetime had reset the date.

I followed the advice on this forum and ran !Untardis once I had
flashed to 5.16 and it found and fixed 75 dates on files. I also ran
it on my network backup and it found and fixed the same 75 dates.

Everything is running very smoothly on my Iyonix since flashing the
ROM to 5.16

Barry