[iyonix-support] To Flash or Not to Flash

  • From: "Learning Partners" <lp.books@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 10:22:58 -0000 (UTC)

Having a quiet week I had determined to flash the rom with 5.16 but the
welter of traffic here re problems has caused me to pause. In particular I
am concerned about reported problems with JPEGs, Ovation Pro and Private
Eye, the first two of which impact on business critical functions. I am
currently running a 5.13 and have few problems apart from sometimes with
Netsurf. It seems that at least the JPEG problem has been replicated and
identified. I have a very standard !Boot sequence - apart from anything
that might have been added by software (only PD being in the graphics
area) and ClockFixer which I will remove I have added nothing and have
nothing that Boots at switch on.

It is very difficult to determine from the postings which naturally tend
to emphasise problems where the balance of experience lies, and whether an
update is imminent to fix any acknowledged problems. I would welcome any
comment on this. I have downloaded the archives flash-iyo, rom-iyo and
soft-iyo, but have failed to find the documentation. I know there was some
reference to this previously but such is the volume of posts it has been
deleted with these. Do I need any further tools or is the process
self-contained. I would be very grateful for a clear concise response.

John

Learning Partners
Research, Project Development and Publications for Education