[iyonix-support] Re: To Flash or Not to Flash

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 21:18:08 GMT
On 1 Feb 2010, Learning Partners wrote:
> Having a quiet week I had determined to flash the rom with 5.16 but the
> welter of traffic here re problems has caused me to pause. In particular I
> am concerned about reported problems with JPEGs, Ovation Pro and Private
> Eye,

If it helps, and I know you haven't mentioned this program, but my
reported problems with OvHTML were much more to do with not knowing
that the program does /not/ load onto the icon bar when in operation.
Peter gave me a clue when he said that running OvHTML puts an extra
option in the menus of OvPro.

To use OvHTML, one runs it. It doesn't seem to do anything, but OvPro
is now receptive to accepting HTML files, and converting them to OvPro
DTP files.

Perhaps counter-intuitive, and certainly confusing for the
in-cognoscenti, but that is how OvHTML works; I now see.

My reported problems with OvPro itself are fleeting; most of the time
it works for me. Its just that occasionally it wont load onto the icon
bar for some reason or another (which I still haven't fathomed out)
but a re-boot will sort it out if that does happen (which is rarely).

--

Cheers
Roger

Atomic Software   http://atomicsoftware.org.uk/
Isotope Info     http://rogerarm.freeuk.com/rogerarm/
Wild Flowers     http://wildflowerfinder.org.uk/
Bury Walkers     http://burystrollers.org.uk/
Einstein? He was so much older then, he's younger than that now.