[iyonix-support] Re: To Flash or Not to Flash

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 10:58:26 GMT

In message <49395.86.136.95.42.1265019778.squirrel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
.uk>
          "Learning Partners" <lp.books@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Having a quiet week I had determined to flash the rom with 5.16 but the
> welter of traffic here re problems has caused me to pause. In particular I
> am concerned about reported problems with JPEGs, Ovation Pro and Private
> Eye, the first two of which impact on business critical functions. I am
> currently running a 5.13 and have few problems apart from sometimes with
> Netsurf. It seems that at least the JPEG problem has been replicated and
> identified. I have a very standard !Boot sequence - apart from anything
> that might have been added by software (only PD being in the graphics
> area) and ClockFixer which I will remove I have added nothing and have
> nothing that Boots at switch on.

The welter of traffic as you say is down to no more than a couple of
individuals having difficulties rather than lots of different people
having issues and all the replies and offers of help to those few
individuals.

One thing seems common they have all tried the softload at some stage
and have clockfixer installed etc so it may be that people have been
hacking around with things and caused issues.

The PrivateEye issue is down to using a beta version of PrivateEye i.e
2.95 rather than the official 2.85 version so again make sure you have
the latest supported version.

--
Using an IYONIX pc and RISC OS 5.16, the thinking person's alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.