[iyonix-support] Re: Should we use Wikipedia before asking questions?

  • From: Neil Spellings <lists2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 15:03:48 +0100

Peter Bell wrote:

> As far as I'm concerned, purchasing Geminus was a waste of money! At the
> time I puchased, I wasn't made aware that 1200x1600 portrait mode
> wasn't supported ... I'm still waiting for that support!

The following is displayed on the product purchasing page, and has been
since release:

<QUOTE>
Constraints

The widths of the individual screens within a multi-screen mode are
restricted slightly, as shown below:

16 million colours      width must be a multiple of 256 pixels
32 thousand colours     width must be a multiple of 512 pixels
256 colours     width must be a multiple of 1024 pixels

[snip]

At present 1600x1200 isnt supported due to limitations of the OS NVidia
driver, however with the latest version of RISC OS 5 this has now been
made possible so Geminus will support this screenmode in a future upgrade.
<END QUOTE>

So you should of been aware of this limitation. We also offer free fully
functional demo versions of all our software so you can try out the
functionality prior to purchasing to ensure you don't waste your money
if it doesn't suite your requirements.

re upgrades
I've not heard from Adrian as to when he's likely to have the version
that supports the later NVidia cards and RISC OS 5.13 available for
release, however as stated elsewhere, he's now in full time paid
employment which leaves little or no time for RISC OS development.

Aemulor, Geminus and Cino were the fruits of many years of financial
sacrifice "for the good of the platform" from Adrian however one can
only do that for so long...

If you are really that unhappy with your purchase, you can contact me
off-list anytime to discuss a refund.

Regards,

Neil
http://buyit.spellings.net