[iyonix-support] Re: Should we use Wikipedia before asking questions?

  • From: "Matt Ault" <squeekyb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 17:07:47 +0000

From: John Williams <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [iyonix-support] Re: Should we use Wikipedia before asking questions?
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 15:01:36 +0200

In article <BAY116-W170512DF31AEAF54F6D90C95070@xxxxxxx>,
   Matt Ault <squeekyb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[ Lots of stuff which was unreadable ]

It was lucky you left HTML attachments on, otherwise your message would
have been totally unreadable.

I, for one,  would be grateful if future postings were made in a more
acceptable text-only format which could be sensibly displayed in RISC OS
news and mail clients.

John

I completely agree myself.

Anyway here's my original e-mail hopefully with no unintended HTML

* * *

Rather than a newer, faster Iyonix, surely Castle should be thinking about
hardware support. It's a shame with the falling price's of hardware that we
can't use more than a fraction of the USB / PCMIA devices that are out there.

Personally I would love to see a driver for music and audio, i.e USB-MIDI or a
USB mixer.

I'm not saying it's Castle's or anyone's responsibility to produce these drivers;

but..

1 ) The Iyonix has got the slots/sockets, shame not to use them.

2 ) Accessibility to hardware would encourage software development.

3 ) I think the Iyonix's future depends on whether it can be used with modern hardware.

I am a programmer myself, but interfacing with hardware is an area I know nothing about.
However like most programmers I could happily use an API for any device..

Matt

Win tickets to the sold out Live Earth concert!  http://liveearth.uk.msn.com

---
To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support