[iyonix-support] Re: Should we use Wikipedia before asking questions?

  • From: David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 07:03:33 +0100

In message <15a2e6fc4e.Barrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Barrie McElroy <barrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>In message <708968fa4e.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>          David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip - NVidia cards]

>> I do not see much point in upgrading the card. The extra memory would
>> have been useful to Geminus but that seems defunct now.
>
>This is news to me up here in Australia. Sad news.

It is sad. The truth of is that professional developers do need to earn
money, so they have to "move on".

Specifically I was referring to the acceleration module which needs to
be updated to work with newer NVidia cards. See :-

http://support.spellings.net/viewtopic.php?t=473

http://support.spellings.net/viewtopic.php?t=466

It reinforces my view that changing the card, for which Castle charged a
premium price, was a waste of money.

[snip]

>Ah well!

Well put.