[iyonix-support] Re: Scanners

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 08:14:16 +0000 (GMT)

In article <alpine.DEB.2.00.0912140749070.9614@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Iyonix PC Owner <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Dec 2009, Jeremy Nicoll - freelists iyo only wrote:

> [snip]
> > Does that mean that the application (on Windows) that responds to
> > buttons being pressed on the scanner is actually polling it?

> Yes, you have got the idea now.

There is a command 'Request Push button status' that returns with
different bits set depending on which buttons have been pressed. I did
look at it when developing MFPxEpson but I'm not aware of any
multifunctions that have the buttons. I decided the requirement to
repeatedly poll the device makes the buttons rather pointless.

Ian

--
Ian Hamilton (Iyonix RO5)  http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/