[iyonix-support] Re: Scanners

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 19:33:42 +0000

John Leeming wrote:

It occurs to me that it might be more helpful to the RISC OS platform to buy
one from CJE if you find it on their website.

No, it would be more helpful to just Chris Evens to pay way way over the odds for very old and obsolete scanners. For example the ancient Epson models on the CJE site are an *obscene* £180 and £285, when the latest brand new Epson Perfections are around £60. There's a 1660 (USB2 rather than my 1650 which is USB1) on ebay for a tenner at the moment.

Buy the £20 RISC OS driver from a RISC OS dealer, but you need your head read to pay those prices for the scanner.

Cheers
---David

--
Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx