[iyonix-support] Re: Scanners

  • From: Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:35:47 +1300

In message <mpro.kum5gr0lm9m9c02cc.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > From what others have said, it appears a driver is still required and I'd
> > have to buy some old scanner rather than the slimline ones I'd prefer to
> > get.
>
> Welcome to RISC OS... :-)

I've found a better way to go for copying books or a chapter, I use my
Digi on a tripod. Using a remote control, you can capture practically as
fast as you can turn the page, and you dont have to push down on the
binding to get the whole page.
Once the setup is sorted, the camera can be set in manual, so it's not
focussing every time you take a shot.
There is at least one commercial book scanner built along these lines.

I still will use my scanner for photo's.
Has anyone noticed any speed increase scanning with the new USB release?

Ron M