[iyonix-support] Re: Pyjama effect - thoughts

  • From: Gary Locock <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:16:02 +0000 (GMT)

In article <45DDCF95.7030803@xxxxxxxxxx>,
   John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Richard

[Snip]

> Whilst the new cards do very occasionally give issues on startup, it IS
> considerably rarer that the later geforce2 cards that were used.

[Snip]

It is indeed.  It is also more colourful.

However it isn't quite as amenable as the old pyjamas I find.  Old pyjamas
are readily fixed with the reset button.  New pyjamas don't respond, and
require a complete power-off to get the machine going again.

Gary

--
Gary Locock, Network Manager, Bablake Junior School
Coundon Road, Coventry CV1 4AU