[iyonix-support] Re: Pyjama effect - thoughts

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 22:55:55 +0100

In message <2ff028b94e.colin@colin/granville.gmx.co.uk>
          Colin Granville <colin.granville@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> As I have said before. It seems temperature related. Cold=pyjamas. At
>> least here. Okay, "IME" before someone jumps down my throat.
>
> I agree that Cold ambient temperatures make it more frequent but I
> find that it happens most frequently if I switch on a couple of hours
> after switching off. In fact in such circumstances my iyonix has
> become mood altering. If it starts up first time I have a quiet yeah!!
> to myself if not I tut and reach for the reset button :-)

My pyjamas are coloured (green and majenta stripes from memory)

They used to occur if the room was cold when I first switched on, but
sometimes also after a few hours use.

But I have only seen them once in the last 4 months since reading the
tip about pressing reset immediately after pressing the on button.

(early Iyonix, 5.12, old graphics card)

--
John Rickman - writing from A9home machine
http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk