[iyonix-support] Re: Pyjama effect - thoughts

  • From: RJT <Richard.Torrens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:06:41 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4eb92320d1tim@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> As I have said before. It seems temperature related. Cold=pyjamas. At
> least here. Okay, "IME" before someone jumps down my throat.

That would be totally consistent with it being a residual voltage close to
some threshold.

But here, I don't think it is temperature related (we have good central
heating).

It seems randon but I guess could be to do with a certain number of power
on cycles. I  will have to count.

Another thing that makesme think it[s a residual voktage problem is that,
when I unplug the Iyo, if I reconnect after the right length of rdelay the
start-up screen has lines across it which are over-written by the start-up
Obey lines.

> A press of the reset button has always cured it on Myonix,

Never here!

I need to understand the circuit relationship between the reset and the
power switch. Why does the reset work on some machines only?

If it's temperature related, I think Castle need to buy a 'fridge to sort
it!