[iyonix-support] Re: Pyjama effect - thoughts

  • From: Brian Howlett <brian.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:54:05 GMT

On 27 Feb, RJT wrote:

> Another Pyjama photo (800k) at
> http://www.4qd.org/temp/pj.jpeg
>
> The contents of the screen memory when it happens are clearly semi-random.
> But what's stopping the normal boot happening? I doubt that is the
> graphics card. Has to be some problem in the ROM based boot system
> accessing corrupted memory, does it not?
>
> OK John - I can return my machine under guarantee. But it's a general
> problem. Others want a DIY solution.

That's much more like the "pyjamas" I used to get before upgrading to
5.12 (now 5.13) and a FX5200 card. I haven't seen it since the
upgrade. I also never saw anything like the green vertical bars in
your last picture.

The only problem I have seen since the upgrade, and it's very unusual,
is random white pixels on the startup screen while the usual startup
messages appear. I haven't been quick enough with the camera to get a
shot of it yet, but I'll post a link once I catch it.
--
Brian Howlett
Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted