[iyonix-support] Re: Printers

  • From: Steve Bradbury <steve.bradbury@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 12:02:50 GMT

On 8 Nov 2007 in message <E059045E-976B-429E-A046-48305E9B78E1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Michael Talibard <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> May I ask a question: what resolution am I likely to be getting? Does
> the
> RiscOS generic PS driver (which I think I'm using) provide the same dpi
> as the printer? Is there more than one such driver to try?

For text output (including outline fonts) the printer will operate at
it's own resolution. RISC OS will only dictate the resolution of any
bitmap elements.

That's the way PostScript works in general - the host sends a page
description (including font definitions if necessary) and the printer
renders that to the page at whatever resolution it's capable of.

--
Steve Bradbury
Senior Structural Engineer