[iyonix-support] Re: Printers

  • From: Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 18:24:55 GMT

In message <3266213e4f.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alan Adams <alan.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <4f3e1fbc71gmbobbett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Gillian Bobbett <gmbobbett@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Until about a couple of months ago I was happily using a Canon S450
>> printer with my Iyonix. It even produced tolerable photos using gimp-print.

>> This printer has now gone wrong. I intially thought it would be better to
>> get another printer rather than spend a considerable sum mending this
>> printer.

>> However I am now beginning to wonder if there are any printers currently
>> available which will work with an Iyonix!  I have looked on the Castle
>> web-site. The Canon printers listed there are now on the Canon archive
>> list, which I think means they are no longer available.

>> If you know of a printer (any make) which will work with an Iyonix, which
>> is currently available, and for which a RISC OS Driver is available, I
>> would be delighted to learn about it.

> Don't forget to think about PoscScript printers - the RISC OS generic
> driver produces good results on most of them - it just doesn't include
> all the extra controls for things like trays, paper type etc.

...but they can be added fairly easily to the standard PS driver.
We're using an HP2015 with working duplex, short/long side binding and
tray selection here, all available from the standard Printers
dialogue. Works a treat. And it's very fast, too.

Best, Chris

--
*** Chris & Lee's Photodesk tutorials, tips and resources
*** http://www.photodesk.iconbar.com *** New tiles!