[iyonix-support] Re: Printers

  • From: Michael Talibard <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 11:36:34 +0000

On 8 Nov 2007, at 11:01, Chris Evans wrote:

On Wed 07 Nov, Michael Talibard wrote:

I am using a Samsung ML-2571N mono laser printer. This was
a bit tricky to set up

I'm surprised you found it tricky, It should be no trickier than any other printer, in fact it should be a bit easier then say a GutenPrint printer.

If you are using the ML-2571N's network interface then it will have the requirements of your chosen network software to be followed on top of the
PDF installation.

n.b. We have the ML-2570 & ML-2571N in stock:-)

Yes, I am using it as a network printer (i.e. my Iyonix and my MacMini).
Maybe this networking complicated matters, I don't know: I left it all to my son, fearing that by myself I would find it tricky in any case. Anyway,
it took him about fifteen minutes, during which he occasionally sounded
slightly puzzled, but I don't know by what.

It works, it is fast and results look good.

May I ask a question: what resolution am I likely to be getting? Does the
RiscOS generic PS driver (which I think I'm using) provide the same dpi
as the printer? Is there more than one such driver to try?
---
To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support