[iyonix-support] Re: Printers

  • From: "Allan Dawes" <allan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:18:51 +0100

--
>Gavin Wraith (gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
>Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/
---
>To alter your preferences or leave the group,
>visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support
>Other info via //www.freelists.org/webpage/iyonix-support

I've just hooked up my brothers old Epson Stylus 800 to my Iyonix,
using a Newlink USB to Parrallel port cable. Although the Printer
driver was looking for the Epson on the Parrellel port (not fitted
on the Iyonix of course), I told it to look at a file path, and gave
it the address pointing to the USB port. Like majic, it worked,
although the head need clening as it hasen't been used in years.
The print quality is very good for text, and avarage for pictures.
I don't know if the cartrages are still available. I used to have
a Epson Stylus 620 (Years ago), which was a brat for using the ink
faster than overturning a glass of water. It frequently suffered
from paper jams and getting extreamly confused. Of cource what can
one expect when it's attached to Windows 95 on a PC.

Allan Dawes