[iyonix-support] Re: Printers

  • From: Bernard Veasey <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 18:14:54 GMT

In message <4f3e1fbc71gmbobbett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Gillian Bobbett <gmbobbett@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Until about a couple of months ago I was happily using a Canon S450
> printer with my Iyonix. It even produced tolerable photos using gimp-print.

> This printer has now gone wrong. I intially thought it would be better to
> get another printer rather than spend a considerable sum mending this
> printer.

> However I am now beginning to wonder if there are any printers currently
> available which will work with an Iyonix!  I have looked on the Castle
> web-site. The Canon printers listed there are now on the Canon archive
> list, which I think means they are no longer available.

> If you know of a printer (any make) which will work with an Iyonix, which
> is currently available, and for which a RISC OS Driver is available, I
> would be delighted to learn about it.

> Gillian

Martin Wuerthner has upgraded gimpprint to gutenprint.  See:

http://www.mw-software.com/software/gutenprint/gutenprint.html

and this link shows the supported printers:

http://www.mw-software.com/software/gutenprint/supported.html

It is best to get one of the Epson printers for best photo
reproduction using gutenprint.

Alternatively if you have a Windows PC to hand and it's on a network
with your Iyonix, you could use UniPrint and then you could use any
printer that works with a Windows PC.  See RComp's page at:

http://www.arsvcs.demon.co.uk/rci/uniprint/index.html

All for now.
--
Contact Me - http://www.bapfish.org.uk/contactme/