[iyonix-support] Re: Printers

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 08:05:00 +0100

In article <GMEGIHNHECPBMIFBEFJKAEFACAAA.allan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Allan Dawes <allan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've just hooked up my brothers old Epson Stylus 800 to my Iyonix,
> using a Newlink USB to Parallel port cable. Although the Printer
> driver was looking for the Epson on the Parallel port (not fitted
> on the Iyonix of course), I told it to look at a file path, and gave
> it the address pointing to the USB port.

Using a file path isn't recommended because the USB numbers vary. The
'USB' connection type adjusts the print path automatically. If this is
greyed out on your setup, switch the connection to 'Parallel', save the
choices and run !PrtSet2USB (from my website).

Ian

--
Ian Hamilton (RISC PC RO4)  http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
             (Iyonix  RO5)  Programs compatible with RISC OS 3/4/5