[iyonix-support] Belkin KVM

  • From: "andrew.pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <andrew.pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 13:12:21 +0100 (GMT+01:00)

I recently had to buy a new monitor which has only a single Analogue
input rather than two.  So I also bought a Belkin KVM (Switch2 -
f1df102uuk) to clear the desk a bit and save me typing on the wrong
keyboard.

Has anyone experience of using this KVM with an Iyonix (RO 5.11) and
an XP PC?

The two leads are coloured Yellow and Green.  When the Yellow lead is
connected and the Green is not connected I can use whichever computer
is connected.  When I connect only the Green lead, the screen does not
receive a signal, whichever computer is connected.  When I connect both
computers I can only see the output from the one connected to the
Yellow lead.  I think the Green video lead is defective.

Belkin have asked me to download and try their switching software.  I
will give it a go, but I think it unlikely it will make the Green lead
work.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem.

Regards

Andrew

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/security - What's your view on the Government's
proposal to monitor your Facebook, MySpace, Bebo and Twitter communication?