[isapros] Re: Jim is Missed

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:13:37 -0500

Steve,

While I share the general distain for the SBS MVP community that most of
us here have, I do understand the plight of the poor SBS customer and
consultant. The SBS team doesn't seem to provide much guidance when it
comes to the vagaries of an ISA/SBS configuration, and the SBS MVP
community hasnt' stepped up to the plate to remediate the issue (most
because they see firewalls as things that need "holes" poked in them
that allow "stuff" to flow through those "holes").

So, the hapless SBS consultant really has no where to go except the
general ISA deployment information on the ms.com site and the
isaserver.org site, both of which are focused on how ISA was designed to
be deployed -- on a dedicated box on it's own.

BTW -- someone pointed out to me today that dopes at Gartner dropped ISA
off of its Firewall Magic Quadrant and it cost him a sale. I'm not too
jiggy with how Gartner does things, but this smells like no one greased
Gartner's palms to get listed. Anyone have any more insight into this?
MVP -- Microsoft Firewalls (ISA)