ISAserver.org - Monthly Article Update

  • From: "ISAserver.org" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 16:16:39 +0200

ISAserver.org - Monthly Article Update

Hi ISAlist,

New articles added to ISAserver.org last month:

Title: Publishing Servers on a ISA Server 2004 Firewall Public Address DMZ
Segment (v1.01)
Author: Thomas Shinder
Access Rules. This method allows you to use the public addresses your servers
have already been using and leverage the full stateful application layer
filtering power of the ISA Server 2004 firewall. Unlike traditional packet
filter based firewalls (PIX, Netscreen, SonicWall, etc.), the ISA Server 2004
firewall performs stateful filtering and stateful application layer inspection
on all communications moving through the firewall. Check out this article for a
full discussion and step by step details on how ISA 2004 firewalls accomplish
this amazing feat!
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/articles/2004pubdmzservers.html

Title: Renaming ISA Server 2000 and ISA Server 2004 Firewalls
Author: Thomas Shinder
The firewall may need to be renamed because you are moving it from one location
to another, or the machine was in a test network and now needs to be moved to a
production network, or because the machine is using a name that you want to
assign to another machine. Whatever the reason, many ISA firewall
administrators want and need to rename the ISA firewall. This article shows you
how to rename both ISA 2000 and ISA 2004 firewalls.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/tutorials/renameisa.html

Title: ISA Firewall Fairy Tales - What Hardware Firewall Vendors Don't Want You
to Know (v1.02)
Author: Thomas Shinder
understand the nature of firewall security in the 21st century and still cling
to the marketing material they?ve received in 1997 from the current leaders in
the firewall space. The problem is that they do their readers a serious
disservice, as the glorified "stateful packet filter" of yesteryear just can?t
stack up to a serious application layer aware firewall like ISA Server 2004.
This article provides you with the fact ammo you need to beat down your
clueless colleagues when they tell you their puppy dog packet filter is better
than your ISA firewall.

Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/articles/2004tales.html

Title: Configuring an Inbound and Outbound SMTP Relay on the ISA Server 2004
Firewall
Author: Thomas Shinder
secure authenticating and anonymous access SMTP relay on the Internet network
that you can use to help secure your Exchange Server. A number of you wrote to
me and said that you liked the idea of a secure, authenticating and anonymous
inbound access SMTP relay, but that you didn?t have an extra machine to
dedicate to the relay process, and would it be possible to install the SMTP
relay on the ISA Server 2004 firewall itself. You bet you can! In this article
I?ll go over the procedures necessary to install the secure authenticating SMTP
relay on the ISA Server 2004 firewall and how to configure the Access Rules to
allow the appropriate communications required by the SMTP relay.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/articles/2004smtprelayinoutisa.html

Title: Configuring an Inbound and Outbound SMTP Relay to Complement ISA Server
2004 Firewall Protection for Exchange Servers, Part 2: Step by Step
Instructions Including MailEssentials 9
Author: Thomas Shinder
outbound SMTP relay to protect your Microsoft Exchange Servers we discussed the
principles of SMTP relay and how relay can protect your Exchange Servers from
the risks of direct contact with Internet SMTP and DNS servers. If you missed
that article, you can check it out at
http://www.isaserver.org/articles/smtprelayinboundoutbound.html.
In this, part 2 of the series, we?ll provide the detailed step by step
procedures you need to actually make the theory of secure SMTP relay into
reality. First, lets take a look at our simple example network. The figure
below provides the details.

Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/articles/isa2004smtprelayinoutp2.html

Title: Microsoft Releases Service Pack 2 for ISA Server 2000
Author: Stephen Chetcuti
Service Pack 2, claiming that it provides customers with even higher levels of
security, reliability and stability. We'll soon be taking a closer look at
these enhancements in forthcoming articles and tutorials. This news item
includes further details about Service Pack 2 for ISA Server 2000 and provides
related links.

Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/news/Service-Pack-2-ISA-Server-2000.html

section to unsubscribe.
ISAserver.org is in no way affiliated with Microsoft Corp.
For sponsorship information, contact us at advertising@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright ? ISAserver.org 2004. All rights reserved.