RE: ISA2004 newbie here. ISA2004 as a router?

  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:49:47 -0500

Sounds simple. Thanks so much.

  _____

From: John Tolmachoff (Lists) [mailto:johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 2:23 PM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] RE: ISA2004 newbie here. ISA2004 as a router?

http://www.ISAserver.org

Then bind all the public IPs to the one single NIC that is connected to
the ISP router which would be called the WAN or External interface and
configure ISA to send traffic to/from each IP to a different/appropriate
internal NIC or interface.

John T

eServices For You

Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 11:24 AM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]

http://www.ISAserver.org

For me the scenario is as follows:

One ISP with multiple publics IPs bound to the circuit; 24.106.55.82 -
86; gateway 24.106.55.81.   The circuit is delivered to my office via
their router.   I want to attach a single Ethernet cable from the ISP
router to the ISA 2004 Enterprise server and then segregate the public
IPs to several subnets.  Ideally each public IP would come from each NIC
to a switch and connect to hosts from there.   The ISA2004 Enterprise
server is current and patched. The machine is a dual xeon 2ghz with 4gb
of ram running w2k3.   It has 10 NICs installed.

I'm off to read Chapter four in depth.   Thanks.

  _____