RE: ISA2004 newbie here. ISA2004 as a router?

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:28:40 -0500

Hi Sub,
Why? Why not bind each IP address to the external interface of the ISA
firewall and then publish resources as required. I think the problem
here is that you're not asking the right questions and we're not giving
the right answers. What is it that you're actually trying to accomplish?

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/drisa/
MVP -- ISA Firewalls

________________________________

        Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 1:24 PM
        To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
        Subject: [isalist] RE: ISA2004 newbie here. ISA2004 as a router?

        http://www.ISAserver.org

        For me the scenario is as follows:

        One ISP with multiple publics IPs bound to the circuit;
24.106.55.82 - 86; gateway 24.106.55.81.   The circuit is delivered to
my office via their router.   I want to attach a single Ethernet cable
from the ISP router to the ISA 2004 Enterprise server and then segregate
the public IPs to several subnets.  Ideally each public IP would come
from each NIC to a switch and connect to hosts from there.   The ISA2004
Enterprise server is current and patched. The machine is a dual xeon
2ghz with 4gb of ram running w2k3.   It has 10 NICs installed.

        I'm off to read Chapter four in depth.   Thanks.