[PCB_FORUM] Re: ODB++ output (*.tgz) to Fab (no gerbers)

  • From: Gary Carter <Gary.Carter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:05:51 -0500

The same holds true for Fujitsu Network Communications....we've been supplying ODB++ exclusively to our Fab houses for over a decade. We also use Enterprise 3000 to extract it. We package additional drawings and data into defined directories before the ODB zip file is created (for instance detailed information for routes, v-grooves, counter-bores, etc. where both Allegro and ODB lack specific support).

Gary Carter
Sr. Manager, Design Automation
Fujitsu Network Commuications, Inc.
Richardson, Texas
(972) 479-2236

Douglas Stanley wrote:

We have been supplying ODB++ exclusively to our fab houses for close to 10 years. We do close to 50 designs a month and I don’t recall there ever being a problem that was traced back to a Valor bug – or if there was, it was very, very long ago.

However, we read the extracted Allegro database into Valor’s Enterprise tool . We don’t use the direct ODB++ output from Allegro.

Douglas G. Stanley
PC Board Designer, Principal
Broadcom Corporation <http://www.broadcom.com/> - Irvine, CA
dstanley@xxxxxxxxxxxx