[PCB_FORUM] Re: ODB++ output (*.tgz) to Fab (no gerbers)

  • From: "Andrew Noonan (annoonan)" <annoonan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:07:07 -0700

Oscar,

That can be a pain! I've come across the 'overlapping shapes' in Gerber
error before, and you have to dig through log files to get your artwork
completed, while in Allegro, it may be a permissible feature (Same Net
shape).

Andrew

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:30:11 -0700
From: o.miguelino@xxxxxxxxx
To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have been supplying ODB++ to suppliers in Asia, Europe, and US for
over a year now.  Anyway I have found that quality suppliers support
ODB++ and the bad ones do not.

Best regards,

-oscar

Oscar Miguelino
HP | Palm GBU | PSG
950 W Maude Ave |  Sunnyvale |  CA 94085

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail and its contents contain
information that is proprietary and confidential to Palm, Inc. and that
may also be privileged.  Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or
reproduction of this email or its contents by anyone other than an
authorized recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not
an authorized recipient, please immediately notify me, permanently
including any attachments.  Thank you.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

On Jul 26, 2010 3:56 PM, jwages <jwages@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I use both types. It is always good to have gerbers for comparison to
the ODB++ files.

Jim S. Wages

SR PCB Layout Designer

H) 919-237-3915 C) 919-484-2963