[ian-reeds-games] Re: questions

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 01:28:30 -0600

Hey Richard,

The RPG work is coming along but still has a lot left to be done.

My focus right now is to get the exploration working really well and get a nice tutorial map to show it off.
I'm getting some help with the initial map and also with all the sounds.

When that is ready I'll let everyone give it a try.

After that I will still need to incorporate combat, classes, experience, and levels. I've been thinking about how all those things will work but by focusing on the exploration first I can get a demo out for people to play with earlier.

I'm glad to hear you're excited about it.  I am too, smile.

Ian Reed

On 5/16/2013 6:10 AM, Richard Claridge wrote:
Hi Ian.

Thats no problem, thanks for your quick reply and for your positive
answers. Don't worry I am not asfer immediate results lol, happy to
wait. Very happy that all are possibilities.
Also very much looking forward to seeing this RPG maker and having a
play with it. I am very excited to see what it involves and how it
will work. Do you think we will see anything of it any time soon?
Thanks again for getting back to me and thanks for all your hard work,
its very much appreciated.

Richard

On 5/16/13, Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey Richard,

1 Yes, I've just added it in my dev copy.  I still need to fix the bug
Carlos found with it though.
2 Not currently supported.  Definitely possible and planned for the future.
3 Same answer as 2.

Sorry for the terse response and lack of recent features.

I've been working on my RPG engine lately.  I've been spending a lot of
time brainstorming better ways of doing navigation and radar in a first
person view and I'm pretty happy with my latest ideas.  They still need
to be polished up a bit but I'm finding exploring in first person view
to be much more enjoyable.
The RPG will use similar files to TB but they are getting a face lift
which should make them even more flexible than the current ones.
For instance all the special lines at the top of map files like victory
message, defeat message, victory flags, defeat flags and so forth will
become their own type of flags on their own lines so if you don't need
to specify them or want to specify them in a different order it is not
as crucial.
That will make it easier for me to add new lines like those as normal
flags without having to change the parser version of the file.
The new format will also allow flags in the map file to be on separate
lines which isn't currently supported because the map needs the tile
collection at the end of the file.  The new format will support any
number of collections.
So unfortunately the RPG is getting all the attention lately.

These are good ideas you bring up though and I've added them to my list
for when I refocus on TB.  Though my list is so long now that when I do
refocus on it people will probably want to remind me of the features
they most want, smile.

Sorry to those who made feature requests but did not get a response.  I
am adding the ideas to my list but don't have time to do them right now.

Thanks for all your continued support!