[ian-reeds-games] Re: questions

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 04:54:52 -0600

Hey Richard,

1 Yes, I've just added it in my dev copy. I still need to fix the bug Carlos found with it though.
2 Not currently supported.  Definitely possible and planned for the future.
3 Same answer as 2.

Sorry for the terse response and lack of recent features.

I've been working on my RPG engine lately. I've been spending a lot of time brainstorming better ways of doing navigation and radar in a first person view and I'm pretty happy with my latest ideas. They still need to be polished up a bit but I'm finding exploring in first person view to be much more enjoyable. The RPG will use similar files to TB but they are getting a face lift which should make them even more flexible than the current ones. For instance all the special lines at the top of map files like victory message, defeat message, victory flags, defeat flags and so forth will become their own type of flags on their own lines so if you don't need to specify them or want to specify them in a different order it is not as crucial. That will make it easier for me to add new lines like those as normal flags without having to change the parser version of the file. The new format will also allow flags in the map file to be on separate lines which isn't currently supported because the map needs the tile collection at the end of the file. The new format will support any number of collections.
So unfortunately the RPG is getting all the attention lately.

These are good ideas you bring up though and I've added them to my list for when I refocus on TB. Though my list is so long now that when I do refocus on it people will probably want to remind me of the features they most want, smile.

Sorry to those who made feature requests but did not get a response. I am adding the ideas to my list but don't have time to do them right now.

Thanks for all your continued support!