[ian-reeds-games] Re: questions

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 20:16:02 -0600

Hello,
You can transform -- or upgrade -- the units using a transformation
script alongside a self skill.
Here's how I did it in my fantasy pack:

skill
10
|flags
description The goblin swordsman has learned much. Now it is time for
him to become an elite.
self
ai_buff
key=u
experience_cost=15
health_restore=5000
sound=upgrade
|script_flags
transform_into elite goblin swordsman

The way I set this skill is that it works only after a certain number
of experience points have been accumulated.
You can use something similar, or something different. It's entirely up to you.

What are your errors with the mounting bit?
Are you using the transport_capacity_required and transport_capacity
flags on the riders and the mounts, respectively?
And the mount skill needs an enters_transport flag. Of course, then
the dismount skill needs the unloads_transport flag.

On seeing through a wall. You can't have only one team be able to do
this. Either every team can, or none. As awesome a feature as this
would be...

On 9/22/15, anthony <aluis.rivera25@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

a few things. here are a list of units I have thought up: meaning i have
text files with there names
swordsman- basic foot soldier with sword
knight- swordsman that turns into this. better than swordsman
archer- basic ranged unit.
marksman- archer turns into this. better than archer
watch guard- basic wall guard
sentinal- basic wall guard turns into this. better than watch guard.
Horse- basic mount.
War horse- better than horse, horse turns into this.
Stables- where horses can be recruited.
extra info- Knights and marksman can mount horses.
Now if I could get some help on transforming horses, into war horses,
archers into marksman, and so on, would be very helpful. Another thing I
need help on is making the horse, I copyed the blue dragon file as it was a
mount, but I get errors, so any help is appreciated. My last question is I
have fortifications- (the wall that surrounds the castle) but I don't know
how to make it so that team one (good) can't pass the wall, but it can still
be able to see the castle.
thanks and let me know about the units

-----
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
ian-reeds-games-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject
field.
Or by visiting the list page at
//www.freelists.org/list/ian-reeds-games

Download the latest dev version of Tactical Battle here:
http://blindaudiogames.com/downloads/Tactical%20Battle%20Dev.zip

--
-Mew