[ian-reeds-games] Re: looking for some help

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 22:23:04 -0600

There is a way to set that, although it's a bit of a pain at the moment.
Give the skill a particular point, and set it to...whatever. For this
example, we'll use bash as the point in question. So in the skill, say
your point is set to bash_cost=1. You'll need to create an effect that
has a duration of 0, and has bash_restore=1 in it. Use that effectwith
the tag self_effects=effectName in the shield bash skill.
Now, give the unit who has the skill that bash point, and have the
point set to 0. Example: "bash_max=0".
Then go to the item file and put this under the |script_flags section:
equip_max_mod bash|1
Now, just ensure that the shield is 'NOT' equipped by default and you
should be able to use the skill only when the shield is equipped.

On 3/16/15, garret knight <wolfofthewind48@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Did, still a no go. Sighs. Oh well. It looks like I might have to just
> scrap that skill for now. Maybe if there's ever a way to keep people
> from using a skill unless they have a sertent item equipped i can put it
> back in. Again, thanks all for your help. The ai is doing what it should
> again and everything else is working.
>
> On 3/16/2015 7:34 PM, Monkey wrote:
>> Not sure if it'll help, but add an equip_type= flag to your shield, as
>> well as to the unit that bears it. Make sure the text after the = is
>> the same in both instances.
>>
>> On 3/16/15, garret knight <wolfofthewind48@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Yep, that's all done, and after putting the wait flag for the ai, things
>>> acted normaly. But there's still the question of why the shield bash
>>> skill isn't working like I intended. Here's the meet of the shield bash
>>> skill
>>>
>>> Skill
>>> 10
>>> description an attack that drives your shield at a foe. You must, of
>>> course, be wielding a shield for this to work.
>>> enemy
>>> ai_attack
>>> actions_cost=1
>>> energy_cost=15
>>> health_inflict=0
>>> sound=bash
>>> range=1
>>>
>>> Now here is the meet of the shield item that my hero starts out with.
>>> The intent of this is to make it so the skill only does damage when you
>>> have a shield equipped
>>>
>>> Item
>>> 10
>>> description surrithia's childhood shield. Rather splintered, but still
>>> usable.
>>> equip_slots=left_hand
>>> health_protect=3|normal,2|demonic

--