[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 2.0 dev 4

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 17:26:30 -0600

I was actually apologizing for the map creation document,but alright.
Although I have another one for you, the hidden flag for effects
doesn't appear to be in there either...

Yeah, that's understandable. I'm still happy to see what we have, I
just don't have as many ideas for usage for these as of yet. But that
will probably change when I think on it for a bit.
For effects, if you have the remove_skills flag specified, you regain
those skills both after the effect fizzles and if it is removed
prematurely, right? So we won't have to worry about losing a skill for
the entire duration of a map if we don't wait an effect out or
something?

I'm pretty sure that Garrett would also be happy to see the
equip_add_skills flag because of the shield bash skill we were
discussing in a past conversation.

Is it just me, or does the add_skills for item usage remind anyone
else of TMs and HMs in Pokémon? Hahaha.

And I think we talked about this before, but...how hard would it be to
add a drop_on_death= flag for units, that causes them to drop a
certain item after they die? Perhaps combined with a percent chance,
so you could have a 5% chance of getting a potion after defeating
something?

--
-Mew