[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 2.0 dev 4

  • From: "Craig Brett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "craigbrett17@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 22:45:52 +0000

Ah, that's a typo in the guide. It's add_skills and remove_skills. My bad.

I can fix it, but it'll mean Ian's got to redeploy a new version again for people to get that new guide, er, I think.

Add_skills on items refers to their use, not their equipping. Drinking a potion that allows you to breathe fire, for example. equip_add_skills would probably be the flag I'd go for there. That's a related but separate feature.

On 22/03/2015 22:27, Monkey wrote:
And...it seems the adds_skills flag isn't working for items. I get
this error when I load a map:
"Adds_skills is not a recognized flag in..."
I changed it to add_skills just to see what would happen, didn't get
an error, but the skills weren't added when the item in question was
equipped...
If the flag is add_skills instead of adds_skills then the map creation
guide has a typo, that's why I tried both...

On 3/22/15, Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ohhh, kay. I totally forgot about the updater.

Question about downloading packs using the game itself though, why
does it always say "Unable to find map pack settings.txt or
author.txt"? I get this message no matter what version I try
downloading packs for.
They work if I download the packs and manually paste them into the map
packs folder, which is weird...

On 3/22/15, Craig Brett <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You should be able to, yeah.

Or the in-game auto-updater should work off the bat this time. Or at
least it did for me. The reason I was sending round links before is
because we were having a little trouble with the auto-updater, but it
should work by itself now.

On 22/03/2015 21:55, Monkey wrote:
There's no link in your email though. I can't get it from the same
link that dev 3 was downloadable from, can I?

On 3/22/15, Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Battlemaster"? I like that.

Awesome new features! I'm especially excited for 2, because now I
don't have to worry about users performing arrow skills when they have
a sword equipped. It will make things so much easier! Plus, I can
reduce the overall amount of skills that some units have access to in
their unit file!

On 3/22/15, Craig Brett <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Tactical Battlemasters,

The latest dev version of Tactical Battle is up and ready for your
downloading pleasure.

Changes in 2.0 dev 4:

1. Fixed a bug for edge cases where an effect or item adds a damage
type
not already present to a skill or item attack, which would mean any
protection against that added damage type would be ignored.
2. Added add_skills and remove_skills flags to skills, items and
effects. These will grant or remove use of a skill to a unit. In the
case of an effect, this is only for the duration of the effect.
3. Added a hidden flag to effects, which allows them to not be
announced
in the Unit Information.
4. Added shared.AddSkillToUnit and shared.RemoveSkillFromUnit to the
shared object for scripters.

This version also comes bundled with the new version of Victorious's
scripts.

I wanted number 2 for a while, so thought I'd give it a try. If it's
not
working out we can always go back on it, but I hope you guys can find
good uses for it!

I hope you all like the newest update!

Craig

--