[openbeos] Re: donations again

  • From: Shane Moore <Shane.Moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 13:49:13 +1000

Hello,
(I am a lurker/observer as I've been too busy to contribute much in terms of thought-power).

I would just be content with receiving an acknowledgement of thanks via a private email to say that the money was successfully received. I had given a donation about a year ago, and now was sort of just waiting to see if it appears on the 2006 financial statements (which I assume may appear soon on the web page where the 2005 and 2004 ones are).

As for whether or not my name was publicly listed on a web page and associated with a specific amount, I'm not sure that this should happen without the consent of the donor. It would depend on the individual circumstance.

Shane

Simon Porter wrote:
I'm not sure if discussions on donations have progressed any further. I just wanted to suggest something relatively simple with regards to reporting donations. It would be quite nice to have a quarterly post on the website describing the following:

-Current balance of Haiku Inc

-Total donations received in the quarter

-Brief outline on spending for the quarter

-Target for next quarter and what the project plans to spend out on

In terms of getting the information for the post I do know you can download statements from Network for Good and Paypal. I don't know if there is an easy method of pulling off information for the bank account that Haiku Inc uses.

My suggestion would be for Michael to pass over this information to someone who is compiling the post. I don't know if this would contain sensitive information or if it would have to be a trusted individual who handles it. Maybe anything sensitive can be stripped out first, although that would be more time consuming. I would like to ask Michael if he would be happy doing this. I would hope that it wouldn't be too much of a burden.

As for setting goals/targets maybe it would be worth the admin group having a meeting prior to the end of each quarter to discuss this?

If no one objects I would like to be the one to compile a post each quarter. I welcome any suggestions or comments on the above.

Regards,

Simon Porter

PS I still want to have a bit of a nag for a paypal subscription button on the donations page. I’d like give a regular amount to the project and this would be the most convenient method for me.

With Live Spaces email straight to your blog. Upload jokes, photos and more. It's free! It's free! <http://specials.uk.msn.com/spaces/default.aspx>