[openbeos] donations again

  • From: Simon Porter <hailstorm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:31:10 +0000

Hi,

I'm not sure if discussions on donations have progressed any further. I just
wanted to suggest something relatively simple with regards to reporting
donations. It would be quite nice to have a quarterly post on the website
describing the following:

-Current balance of Haiku Inc
-Total donations received in the quarter
-Brief outline on spending for the quarter
-Target for next quarter and what the project plans to spend out on

In terms of getting the information for the post I do know you can download
statements from Network for Good and Paypal. I don't know if there is an easy
method of pulling off information for the bank account that Haiku Inc uses.

My suggestion would be for Michael to pass over this information to someone who
is compiling the post. I don't know if this would contain sensitive information
or if it would have to be a trusted individual who handles it. Maybe anything
sensitive can be stripped out first, although that would be more time
consuming. I would like to ask Michael if he would be happy doing this. I would
hope that it wouldn't be too much of a burden.

As for setting goals/targets maybe it would be worth the admin group having a
meeting prior to the end of each quarter to discuss this?

If no one objects I would like to be the one to compile a post each quarter. I
welcome any suggestions or comments on the above.

Regards,

Simon Porter

PS I still want to have a bit of a nag for a paypal subscription button on the
donations page. I’d like give a regular amount to the project and this would be
the most convenient method for me.
Try Live.com - your fast, personalized homepage with all the things you care
about in one place.
http://www.live.com/getstarted