[openbeos] Re: donations again

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 21:57:44 -0700

Hi,

Shane Moore wrote:
When I made the donation, it was my first time using PayPal for anything. I think I did receive a "receipt" from paypal to say that the payment had been charged to my credit card. Since I think it was set up to be received by Michael Phipps, I had sort of been expecting some form of email personally from him, or a delegated other person, to say something like "Thankyou Shane for donating". Since I am in Australia, and Haiku is in the US, this kind of personal acknowledgement via email of an international money transaction would have given me the confidence that the transaction had indeed gone to the correct intended recipient, and not to some random other person posing to be "michael phipps".

I think the most reassuring to the donor would be if the name of the PayPal account he/she makes the payment to is "Haiku, Inc." instead of "Michael Phipps".

Cheers,

Koki