[openbeos] Re: donations again

  • From: Simon Porter <hailstorm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 08:29:14 +0000

Yes an autoreply would be easy enough to to do. I would of thought you would
get a confirmation from Paypal or Network for Good once you've donated. Perhaps
you mean in addition to that? Personally I find confirmation from
Paypal/Network for Good more than sufficient. Receiving two lots of
confirmation emails seems a little overkill to me but others might feel
differently.

As far as I can see we do not currently have a donation form on the website.
You are correct though, it wouldn't be too hard to implement a simple form and
store details in a SQL backend.

If we were to go down that route you would have to consider what we would do
with the gathered data. Is a list of individual donators something people would
want to see? I would be interested to hear what people would like to know about
financially when it comes to Haiku Inc.

-How detailed? - A complete list of donators or just totals for a particular
peroid. For spending does it have to be every item or just major amounts spent?
-How often? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think most would agree that we need
to have something a lot more frequent than a year. Personally I feel that a
quarterly update/report is fine. Others might feel differently though
-In what format? I have suggested a news post on the website. I know someone
else suggested some sort of email newsletter.

Simon

Autoreplying by email as most online donation services do, is quite easy - as
is adding a checkbox for the consent to the donation form on the website. This
would cover the majority of donors.

Cian

-- -------------------------"We're busy running out of time"
Try Live.com - your fast, personalized homepage with all the things you care
about in one place.
http://www.live.com/getstarted