[openbeos] Re: donations again

  • From: Simon Porter <hailstorm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 07:48:26 +0000

Hi Shane,

I'm not sure its feasible to write to every donor to say thanks personally.
Trying to collect information on whether a donor consents to having their name
published on the website would also become time consuming.I still believe more
frequent financial reporting should come first before anything else.

Regards,

Simon

> Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 13:49:13 +1000> From:
> Shane.Moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [openbeos] Re: donations again>
> To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Hello,> (I am a lurker/observer as I've been
> too busy to contribute much in terms of > thought-power).> > I would just be
> content with receiving an acknowledgement of thanks via a > private email to
> say that the money was successfully received. I had given a > donation about
> a year ago, and now was sort of just waiting to see if it appears > on the
> 2006 financial statements (which I assume may appear soon on the web page >
> where the 2005 and 2004 ones are).> > As for whether or not my name was
> publicly listed on a web page and associated > with a specific amount, I'm
> not sure that this should happen without the consent > of the donor. It would
> depend on the individual circumstance.> > Shane> > Simon Porter wrote:> > I'm
> not sure if discussions on donations have progressed any further. I > > just
> wanted to suggest something relatively simple with regards to > > reporting
> donations. It would be quite nice to have a quarterly post on > > the website
> describing the following:> > > > > > > > -Current balance of Haiku Inc> > > >
> -Total donations received in the quarter> > > > -Brief outline on spending
> for the quarter> > > > -Target for next quarter and what the project plans to
> spend out on> > > > > > > > In terms of getting the information for the post
> I do know you can > > download statements from Network for Good and Paypal. I
> don't know if > > there is an easy method of pulling off information for the
> bank account > > that Haiku Inc uses.> > > > > > > > My suggestion would be
> for Michael to pass over this information to > > someone who is compiling the
> post. I don't know if this would contain > > sensitive information or if it
> would have to be a trusted individual who > > handles it. Maybe anything
> sensitive can be stripped out first, although > > that would be more time
> consuming. I would like to ask Michael if he > > would be happy doing this. I
> would hope that it wouldn't be too much of > > a burden.> > > > > > > > As
> for setting goals/targets maybe it would be worth the admin group > > having
> a meeting prior to the end of each quarter to discuss this?> > > > > > > > If
> no one objects I would like to be the one to compile a post each > > quarter.
> I welcome any suggestions or comments on the above.> > > > > > > > Regards,>
> nag for a paypal subscription button > > on the donations page. I’d like give
> a regular amount to the project and > > this would be the most convenient
> method for me.> > > > > >
> With Live Spaces email straight to your blog. Upload jokes, photos and > >
> more. It's free! It's free! <http://specials.uk.msn.com/spaces/default.aspx>>

Try Live.com - your fast, personalized homepage with all the things you care
about in one place.
http://www.live.com/getstarted